Sunday, January 25, 2009

A little paint can make a HUGE difference

Luckily, some projects were relatively easy to do but the impact was huge. Case in point - the storage building and the garage. According to neighbor Bill, one of the sons had that hideous yellow color on the garage and storage building custom-mixed. Hmmmm... I'm thinking it must've been on sale. Either way, these buildings stuck out like a sore thumb.

We had already picked out our colors and wanted to make everything look cohesive so I got to buy a new tool - a power sprayer. You would've though it might have kept me from getting so much paint on me but uhmm... nope. I'm the world's messiest painter. I end up wearing almost as much as I get on the whatever I'm painting. Without the power sprayer, this would've taken weeks. As it was, it took a couple of weekends and I'm fairly certain we now own stock in American Tradition paint. The garage alone took 4 coats and could probably use another.


The tree in the photo to the right is a plum tree. We tried to save it but it was too far gone and although we loved the shape, it had to go. Trace was out working in the garden one day, raised up and saw a snake laying under this tree. She said that it grew as she got closer. She was going to be brave and kill it but by the time she got to the garage, she was fairly certain it was an anaconda. So she hopped across Bill's garden and asked him to come rescue her.

Apparently, it was "just" a black snake. It does not matter to me if it's a plastic snake. A snake is a snake is a snake and the only "good" snake is one that I never see. I don't care to share my world with them but I don't want to see them. He said, "Well, I'll go get one of the boys and they'll take it home with them." She looked at him and says in all seriousness, "Bill, are they moving out of state?" Bill laughs, "Well, no." She tells him, "Bill.. you have to kill this snake. If Lethie finds out it was out here, she'll never step foot outside the house again." So he killed the snake or at least, that's the story Trace told me. I choose to believe it because I enjoy the outdoors so much and don't want to be confined inside the house for the rest of my life. Lie number 2 revealed!


So this is what the garage and storage building look like now. I think the storage building looks like an old one-room school building and I want to put a bell on it and a cupola.

We spend a lot of time on the porch of the storage building. Neighbor Bill and his wife love the color so much that he asked us for a paint chip. Apparently, the porch of the church they attend is now painted this color. His wife came over and thanked us for painting the buildings. She hated the yellow color. This was an easy fix.. Too bad they weren't all like that.


















No comments:

Post a Comment